As I ponder that night, I have to learn new skill in case my ambition which is to be a doctor is not fulfilled. Even if I work as a doctor, the skill can help me to earn some extra money as you know, living cost nowadays is very high.
So,I have decided to learn on how to BAKE A CAKE. That morning, I woke up with an anticipation. Instead of the usual chores, I prepared some ingredients to bake a cake. My mom agreed to that idea as long as I do not use the microwave. I decided to make a STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE instead. The ingredients are 5 grade B eggs, 100g of water and 150g of vegetable oil and a box of ready-to-bake flour. Attached are the pictures in the making of 'STEAMED SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE' by me,CHEF ANNE.
First,you should gather all the ingredients together.
Secondly, mix the eggs,water and some flour together. Put the flour little by little as you do not want the flour to be scattered around your house, for sure.
Thirdly,pour some oil to the mixture. The oil will add some texture to the cake.
Then, line the baking pan with butter.
Pour the mixture in the baking pan carefully.
Put a wok on slow fire which is half-filled with water for about 15 mins.
Place the cake mixture carefully. Then,close the lid and leave it for about 55mins according to the instructions at the back of the box.
Meanwhile, melt the baking chocolate using a double boiler. Double boiler means that you take a small pan and fill it with water. Then, you put a smaller pan and put it in the first small pan. This is a way to melt chocolate without burning it.
Break the chocolate into smaller pieces first to shorten the melting time.
Let the cake mixture and the baking chocolate for a while.
And not to forget, make sure you clean up the kitchen if you do not want your mom to blow her top.
In the middle of the steaming process, make sure you add some HOT WATER into the wok. Do not open the lid as it will cause the hot steam to escape making the cake to sink.
After the chocolate has melted, roast some nuts to make the cake crunchier.
Let the cake cool for a while. Then,you can start with the toppings.
Done. It was as easy as ABC.
It can also be served as BIRTHDAY CAKE.
That evening, I brought some cake that I baked that morning for Lily, Fatin's sister. She is so adorable. She praised me for that lovely cake. I am so proud of myself. I even get an A from my mum. She said that she has confidence in me to bake more cakes in future. Now, if I am not meant to be a doctor I can be a PASTRY CHEF one day. I just love to bake. I have to pen off now,or may I say keyboard off. OK, so long.
So,I have decided to learn on how to BAKE A CAKE. That morning, I woke up with an anticipation. Instead of the usual chores, I prepared some ingredients to bake a cake. My mom agreed to that idea as long as I do not use the microwave. I decided to make a STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE instead. The ingredients are 5 grade B eggs, 100g of water and 150g of vegetable oil and a box of ready-to-bake flour. Attached are the pictures in the making of 'STEAMED SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE' by me,CHEF ANNE.
0 comments:
Post a Comment