AS I PONDER......

the story of a simple girl

Fasting alone...

Salam,




Ramadhan has come again. I've always waited for Eid-ul Fitr, but ramadhan...mmm... It's kind of tiring and long month for me when I was a child. The weather is always hot and dry during fasting month.


I missed the days when my mum waking me up for 'sahur'. I'll always waking up with my hair so messy.Then my siblings will tease me by telling me that I looked like a lion with my hair all sticking up. Not that I care that time. My aim of waking up is just to 'sahur' and not to fight with them. So,the best way is just ignoring them.Then after 'sahur', I'll be watching TV because if I went straight to bed I'll be throwing up all the food. yuck. Then the long and tiring day started. My mouth dry and wanted water so badly.



I still remember my childhood days where I will be searching for an excuse to not fasting like pretending to not have any energy at all. Then my mum will coax me up by taking me to 'pasar ramadhan' where I can have anything that I wanted. For sure I'll be taking this opportunity to buy all kinds of drink that I saw there. Then, I'll be helping my mum laying the food in the living room. So did my other siblings. While waiting to break our fast, we'll all sat down and begun to stuff all the food into our plate. Though, it seem impossible to finish it all. When the 'azan' begun, I'll be having the cold drink first then only the dates. Then I went to pray first....Just kidding. After stuffing all the food into my stomach then I get myself ready to pray.


During breaking our fast,we watched all kind of channel like my favorite-'Ramadhan Rafique' and National Geographic. Then, I help my mum with the cleaning. After performing 'maghrib', we'll be getting ready to perform 'tarawih'. Sometimes,if my mum and I felt like not going, we spent our night watching TV while eating the 'KUIH RAYA'. I missed that days so much.



But ramadhan this year is different. I've to waking up 'sahur' and breaking fast with my friends instead of my lovely family. Going to 'pasar ramadhan' with my friend and have to do a little calculation with the money I spent there. Not that I care when my mum was the one who paid back then.I really missed home so badly. This is my first ramadhan without my family around. I used to their presence when 'sahur' and breaking fast. But here I felt a little lonely. huhuhu.. It's okay. I am away from them to further my studies. No worries, I'll be home for Eid-ul Fitr. daaa..

0 comments:

Related Posts with Pictures